Wednesday, March 28, 2007

DY in DC:

As you know I have been on the road and in a weird way I am feeling more out of touch with the NATS then if I wasn’t in DC. The big issue is an internet connection (see my hotel story) and without a connection in my room I feel lost. The hotel doesn’t even give me the Post, I get USA today so unless there is a feature story I only get a snippet that is there for every team.

Anyway now that I have whined let me comment. The roster has been trimmed over the past few days and I have been very happy to see some of the cuts/transactions. I am glad to see Jiminez being cut because I have stated I would rather have the youngsters gaining experience at the major league level. I realize that they wanted to have some experience on the bench but I only think that is valuable if the veteran can deliver.

My other big one is the release of the Travis Lee, I liked the Dmitri Young signing from the start and I think his upside is much more then anything that Lee could provide. Travis Lee is a former golden boy like David Carr, talented players whose desire never matched the talent. I give Lee credit for stepping aside and hopefully he finds what he is looking for.

Less then a week to go !!

No comments: