Monday, March 26, 2007

Moment in time

I have always professed that the only real TV is sports TV and ever now and then I am rewarded with one of those moments that prove my point in spades. I went to the ESPN zone for dinner, and unless you have had your head in the sand you will know that it is March Madness. I don’t follow college basketball much anymore but I still check in on it and today was a great experience. The hometown Georgetown Hoyas were playing UNC Tar Heels and the zone was packed with everyone following every basket. The place was electric, loud and fun! There was a table of UNC fans all dressed in powdered blue, the bar was full of Hoya fans pounding on the bar and there was even a pseudo drunk outside the window who was cheering for UNC and pantomiming every call. It was amazing to watch and feel the electricity of the crowd, screaming at missed rebounds and pounding the bar to cheer on their team, these moments transcend the everyday and take you a place that you rarely go.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this story - reminds me of when we were watching world cup in hk.