In a twist of fate Dontrelle Willis will be starter for the Marlins on Monday. Not that I am disappointed but it does mean that I have seen him pitch more then any other pitcher in the bigs.
The challenge for the team is well...pretty big in this game, Willis is an ace and the offence of the Marlins is explosive. They have speed (Ramirez) and power (Uggla), their only weakness is their long/short relief, even having said that the team is very solid.
The starting outfield is starting to settle, but unfortunately some of the same or previously identified issues are back/still there. Logan is barely hitting above the Mendoza line, he has at least been drawing some walks, currently leading the team. Given his performance I honestly can't see how the team can afford to carry a player who is not contributing in aspects of the game, the NATS simply do not have the star power or pitching to get through a season with this type of player as a starter. Given his numbers he should probably hit right-handed only, but Mitchel Page won't allow that to happen for at least month or two into the season.
The other issue is Church, who is once again giving Bowden stress headaches with his constant teasing. Acta has stood behind Logan proclaiming him the starter but has not done the same for Church. Church is a far more productive player then Logan even if he hits .250 I believe his overall package is better. I think Acta would love to have Logan take over the CF spot then he can insert Church/Snelling into LF, however given the current stats I think the outfield should be Snelling/Church/Kearns. You could then bring in Logan as a defensive replacement in the 6/7th inning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment