Monday, April 17, 2006

Nationals

So the Nationals completed and actually won a series this weekend thanks to two, two-run homeruns from Bowden’s prodigal son (Ryan Church). I don’t know what to say here, I am always looking for a new rookie to come onto the scene and Church really caught me by surprise last year. Like many Nat fans it worries me that Bowden likes him, in fact it worries me a lot. I was initially happy about having Bowden but once I refreshed my memory from his days in Cincy I was like what the hell…. It really seems like last season he was kind of coasting, then he made a couple of moves and reality sunk in like a tick on a hound, in a word he sucks!

I mean the whole Brian Lawrence thing is a debacle, and Astacio and Ortiz. How old is Ortiz anyway? The guy should be part of the all-waif team (still working on the other eight) but in the meantime here is a comparison of Ramon and Kate Moss.


Washington Post columnist Thomas Boswell writes a good article about the relationships of upper management it gives you perspective as to what some of these people have gone through especially Tavares / Siegle / Robinson and Vidro. I am not including Bowden because he was not in Montreal and he is frankly just trying to use this to get another position somewhere else. Here’s hoping that the new owner has a clue and gets someone like Billy Beane.

No comments: