Well I guess the honeymoon is over, Traber pitched 1 1/3 innings gave up 4 runs, 4 hits and 2 base on balls. However let's put an asterisk on this one since Matt LeCroy is the catcher which in itself is a very intersting since the guy has not caught in years and by his own admission is not a good catcher. The one thing that may be good out of this game is getting Majewski in early so he can get some work and potentially turn around his season.
Update:
Well normally giving up 2 runs in 8 innings would be a good performance except when you lose by 1. Rodriguez gave up 2 runs and the Nats lost 6-5.
LeCroy was starting because Schneider is in a 11-61 slump, now I agree that there needs to be a bit of a shake-up but I seriously don't think anyone in the organization had the intention of ever seeing LeCroy catch. To compound this Fick is experiencing tendinitis, BTW who thought Fick would be a good backup? He has not caught with any regularity for years, another uncertain off-season weighing heavy on the teams ability to compete.
Hey MLB, hurry the hell up with the sale! This is, and has been a mockery and one the most crooked business dealings ever. But thats what you get with baseball, they will turn a very nice profit after everything is said and done, I would estimate somewhere around $150 million. All at the expense of 2 cities, thousands of die-hard fans and numerous employees. I can't wait to see the spin job on this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment