Thursday, February 15, 2007

Excuse me sir, your Visa has been declined

One of my favourite stories of spring training and something that I eagerly look forward too is……. Visa problems.

I have always found this to be incredibly funny. These players are trying to make it the big leagues they know this will involve going to the States they know that they will have to get a Visa and they have all winter to get things order. And yet here we are and here is the list of Nationals pitchers who have not reported because of Visa problems:

  • Juan Brito
  • Jesus Colome
  • Anastacio Martinez
  • Luis Martinez
  • Arnie Munoz
  • Felix Diaz
  • Edward Valdez

Now I guess for some of these guys it may be their first time in the States (however most of these names sound familiar to me) so there is that. There may be also issues of education but wow this is not new and yet every year there is a long of players with Visa problems. I think it’s funnier when it is a veteran player because you know they are most likely just dogging it because they don’t want to the first few days of spring training. If I was a prospect I would definitely make sure that everything is in order, it just shows the club you are responsible and can handle yourself. But I’m not a prospect ….siggggghhhhh

No comments: